At The Rosary Catholic Primary School, we are passionate about every member of our school community achieving their full God given potential and we believe that positive mental health is at the core of this.
We are passionate about our mental health curriculum and strive to ensure that additional measures are in place that will enable every child and adult to thrive.
Below are some of the measures that we have introduced to ensure that this happens:
- We have 5 members of staff who are Level 2 First aiders for mental health - they form a wellbeing team and meet up regularly to discuss issues/ideas on how to move the school forward
- Our school library has now a section called Happy minds, where children can access books related to feelings, friendships and addressing anxieties (including worries related to Covid and issues related to bereavement)
- We have a named Mental Health governor, Mrs Diana Richards
- School staff undertake mental health training at least annually
- Two members of our staff are trained ELSA providers and in Lego therapy