The Rosary Catholic Primary School
Aspire, Believe, Achieve: Together in Christ
‘From meeting with middle and senior leaders, visiting classrooms and looking at work it is clear to see that leaders have established a well-developed curriculum. It builds systematically from early years to Year 6 and makes sure that pupils routinely gain new knowledge and deepen their understanding as they move up the school... teachers teach the different subject areas very well through topic and religious education. This is enabling all pupils, including the disadvantaged, to make good progress.’
Ofsted, June 2018
- All themes commence with a hook activity.
- All themes close with a creative outcome which is developed throughout the theme.
- Following the hook activity, pupils consider questions they would like answered during the theme.
- These questions are displayed on the Theme Question Wall and inform teachers’ planning.
- In order to fully develop our pupils’ understanding of their world, significant national and international events are studied across the school as they occur e.g. a Royal event, the Olympics Games, a general election...