Sport Premium Overview
Aspire, Believe, Achieve: Together in Christ
At the Rosary Catholic Primary School
We learn together
We play together
We work together
We pray together
We grow together in the love of God
At The Rosary Catholic Primary School we believe PE & Sport plays an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better.
Through PE & Sport our children learn to develop the important qualities of discipline, resilience, communication, team work, and ambition, leading to improved concentration, attitude, and academic achievement.
We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding for 2 years to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons , alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
What does the Sport Premium mean for my School? ‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
We are working closely with Sport Impact www.sportimpact.co.uk and have identified key areas through a self -review process to ensure we can meets the high expectations in PE and Sport for our children.
‘Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day’-(DfE June 2013)
Click here for our school’s self review on PE & Sport provision (2014/15)
Click here for our school's self review of PE & Sport provision 2015/16
Click here for Sport Improvement Plan 2016/17
Click here for our Physical Education Vision Statement
Sport Premium Grant
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11( Jan 2014) - 367
Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received 2014/15 - £9835
Total no of primary aged pupils between the ages of 5-11 (Jan 2015) - 360
Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received 2015/16 - £9167
Total amount of Sport Premium Grant received 2016/17 - £9800
Total amount of Sports Premium Grant received 2017/18 - £15,517
Nature of Support
High Quality Physical Education: Raising standards of all our children in Physical education
- Regular specialist support from qualified PE teachers or qualified sports coaches working with primary teachers to achieve high quality teaching and learning in lessons.
- Specialist support alongside the Primary PE- co-ordinator in curriculum provision, mapping and lesson planning
- Support in monitoring and evaluating the progress of pupils through assessment.
- CPD opportunities for teachers in national and bespoke programmes in PE & Sport.
- Cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Professional quality assured teaching modules & materials for PE & Sport
- Development of student leadership programmes
Competitive School Sport: Increasing pupils’ participation in extra- curricular sport
- Inclusive competitive opportunities( disability/SEN)
- Support with intra and inter school competition co-ordination and delivery
- Organised competitions at local/borough level
- Organisation of a Borough Dance Festival
- Half a term of tennis coaching provided by Dukes Meadow Tennis Centre
Healthy Active Lifestyles: Ensuring all our children have access to regular exercise
- School based Health programmes and intervention strategies
- Change 4 Life club opportunities for ‘inactive’ young people
- ‘Playground Marking’ CPD for teachers / support staff
- Monitoring of pupil progress through assessment in lessons.
- Quality Assurance Mark – online tool for development and self -assessment
- School Games Kite Mark support – monitoring competitive school sport
- Click here for our school' action plan 2015-16 for the Sport Premium
- Click here for our school’s action plan 2016-17 for the Sport Premium
Click here for our school action plan 2017 -18 for the Sports Premium
44 pupils out of 60 can swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of 25 meters
33 pupils out of 60 can use a range of strokes effectively eg. front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke
33 pupils out of 60 can perform safe self rescue in different water based situation