DIOCESE OF WESTMINSTER
The Rosary Catholic Primary School
Instrument of Government
1. The name of the school is The Rosary Catholic Primary School.
2. The School was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The School is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with Canon Law and the teachings of the Catholic Church, and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Diocese of Westminster and in particular:
(a) religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
(b) religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church;
and at all times the School is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
3. The School is a voluntary aided school in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Westminster and is an exempt charity for the advancement of the Catholic religion by such means as the Archbishop may think fit.
4. The name of the governing body is: The Governing Body of The Rosary Catholic Primary School.
5. The Governing Body shall consist of fourteen governors of which there shall be:
(a) eight foundation governors (of whom no more than two would also be eligible for election as parent governors);
(b) three parent governors;
(c) one LA governor;
(d) the headteacher;
(e) one staff governor;
6. Foundation governors shall be appointed and may be removed by the Archbishop of Westminster (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction on his behalf).
7. The term of office for every foundation governor shall terminate on 31st August
following the third anniversary of the date of appointment.
8. This Instrument of Government comes into effect on the date of making.
9. This Instrument of Government was approved by the Diocese of Westminster on and made by order of Hounslow local authority on .
10. A copy of this Instrument of Government must be supplied to every member of the governing body (and head teacher if not a governor), and the Diocese of Westminster.